Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Lesson in Public Behaviour taught to a bastard on the GSRTC bus!!!

10.30 am - I board the GSRTC Bus going from Dahod to Nathdwara via Udaipur

11.00 am - Conductor Comes to collect the ticket but does not give the full ticket but partly printed partly in the form of parchis. I demand an explanation only to be rudely told to mind my own business.

1.00 pm - I ask him if there are any stops?? Rude retort - No stops.

2.30 pm - I buy some munchees, offer them to some begging kids and also to this fellow - Rude retort to keep it to myself.

5.30 pm - Bus reaches Udaipur. I ask the driver if he would mind dropping me near my home. He agrees.

5.45 pm - Bus starts and he asks me for additional ticket for the two km extra being travelled as the ticket was only till the bus stand. I say, I have asked the driver, he says he is the master. I agree as technically he is correct and but he says - give me 5 Rs. I say give me the ticket. He says it would cost 13 Rs. I agree and he gives me the ticket till Kailashpuri (23 km away). I say I dont want to go to Kailashpuri, he says there are no shorter tickets, you have to take the full ticket. I agree but also comment that thank god I saved Rs 5 from going into your pocket !!!

6.00 pm - Bus reaches the road outside my home. I ask the driver to stop. This idiot says, You cant get down here. You have to come to Kailashpuri with us as we might be challaned on the way. I say, then let us go to police station instead. He suggests that I tear the ticket, I say - return the money back or come with me to the police station.

6.15 pm - By now the driver is too afraid and pleads with me to get off amidst threats of public litigation from me :)

No comments: